Saturday 6 November 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 108 : Red and Gold

Good day Secret Crafter fans,
How is everyone in blog land on this fine Saturday, are we off to any Bonfire partys or organised events this weekend? and didn't this week go rather quickly, my gosh, and with Christmas fast approaching this leads me onto this weeks challenge.



The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge theme this week is Red and Gold and it was chosen by little ole me, I was thinking with Christmas on its way, its another Christmas card made lol, and this is my card.


I made a side stepper card and all you have to do is firstly, cut your card to 28cm, then making  sure your card is portrait, divide with a ruler and pencil at 10.5cm, then turn your piece of card so that it is now in the landscape position, on one half of the card make your score lines at 3cm, 6cm, 10cm, 14cm, 21cm, and  make sure that you only score to the 10.5cm pencil line until you get to the 14cm line then score all the way across because that where you fold the card in half, then before you fold it you should cut on the 10.5cm pencil line from the 3cm score line to the 21 cm score line, and you should have a side stepper card. I have one suggestion use a piece of copier  paper for a practice lol










I used the very celestial Christmas Angel I coloured her with Promarkers and Copics,  for her wings I used Stickles Crystal,  the background papers are from Kaisercraft, 6x6 paper pad Tis the Season collection, then used some nesties to frame her ,  the ribbon, cheeky angels, and the sentiment are from my crafty stash.

Here is a list of the things I used

Tis the season collection
Nestabilities
Stickles
Promarkers
Copics
Glitter card

I do hope that I haven't put you to sleep with my waffling on lol ;) so have a great weekend peeps and thank you for stopping by and I can not wait to see all of your lovely creations.....TTfn Hugs Bridget ;)X

5 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Oh wow loved this colour scheme and your card is fabulous love this style of card and the image is coloured beautifully
have a great weekend hun
Hugs Kate xx

TracieB xx said...

Cheers me dears. I was just doin me blog hop then off to beddy byes for me. Love your card, never seen one like that, its brill. Sooo glad u posted a 'how to' for it (guess wot i'm gonna be trying to on mon mornin lol) xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Bridget....you nailed this one, love the step theme and how you echoed those little images made such a perfect feature to that gorgeous angel....

Top class job hun, coloured so beautifully, well done you...
x
Vicky

Helen said...

Beautiful card Bridget - love the side-step shape!
Helen x

Suzie said...

Such a gorgeous card Bridget and I love the shape, thank you for letting us all know how you made it I might just have a go at one myself. Suzie x