Friday 3 November 2023

Show us some Flowers



Hello blog friends happy Friday, I hope this finds you safe and well, I hope storm Ciaran didn't 
leave too much damage in its wake. It woke us at 4am 
the wind was really strong and noisy, it almost took the doors
of our recycling shed. So DH went out and 
zip tied the doors together lol.

It's my Mums Birthday today bless her she's fighting the good fight
against Metastatic Breast Cancer and Parkinsons,  she is one tough lady
and I try to make her laugh everyday, she has been a little wobbly
over the last couple of days, I thinks its because she has to have a CT Scan
every 3 months and it knocks her off kilter for a few days.
Perhaps once she has had some Birthday cake she may feel better.

We have started a new challenge theme over at Crafty Catz this week 
its always anything goes with a twist and this weeks twist Show us some Flowers.
The lovely and very talented Rhoda chose the twist.

Our wonderful sponsor for this week is Jans Digital Stamps
and one very lucky winner will win a $6 shop certificate. 

I used Santa's Gift for my inspiration piece and added some Poinsettia 




with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides in Festive Berries and I also used a Tim Holtz 
Mini Layering Stencils Set 54 it has Poinsettia,  Pinecones & needles and Holly branches,
I also used  some floral papers  from Crafty Wizard and 
they are called Warm and Peaceful they are 6x6.
I decided to make my Father Christmas outfit white and I just love how it turned out.
I think maybe it could have done with a little more darker contrast but as I said 
I'm not unhappy with the result.

I have entered him into the following Challenges:

Crafty Addicts Challenge: # 7 Anything Goes Just for fun
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge : # 117 November Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks Challenge: # 668 Wk 1 Stamps Act 
The Paper Shelter: #574 Stencil it
As You Like It Challenge: # Favourite Christmas Colours ( Modern Or Traditional)
 Traditional colours because they are warm and inviting.
C.R.A.F.T Challenge: # 696 Anything Goes

I hope you have a relaxing weekend my friends and
that you do what ever makes you happy.
Much love my friends and thank you so very much for stopping by
it means the world to me :) 
Keep it Crafty,
 Hugs Bridget xx


12 comments:

Jan Mahew said...

Awesome, Bridget! Thank you for showcasing "Santa's Gift" on your festive creation and sharing it with so many!
Hugs,
Jan

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card.
Have a lovely weekend Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Bridget, love how you've coloured the Santa- he looks fab in his new white coat! the stencilled background is gorgeous and works well with the design paper, altogether a delight.
Hope your Mum has a wonderful happy day and glad you didn't have too much damage from the storm. We were very lucky here- lots of wind and heavy rain but no real damage.
Have a good week.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the Santa image and pretty p.paper-Happy birthday to your Mum and hope she enjoys her cake.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
Carol DT x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card

tilly said...

I love your Santa in his white outfit with the stamped background as well. I hope your Mum has a very happy day and is coping okay with her illness xx

Janette said...

Sorry I am late with this comment Bridget, just one of those things.....
Gorgeous card, your colouring is fabulous, love the background and festive papers too.
I am so sorry your Mum is suffering through this, bless her, I hope she had a lovely birthday and did enjoy some cake. xxxx

Sheryl said...

I love this card Bridget.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Cathie w said...

I love the all white Santa...very pretty

Lori Podolsky said...

Love the stenciling and your adorable card, Bridget. I hope your mom has a happy day and feels better.
Thank you for joining our latest challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again. Lori - DT

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card - your coloring is amazing. Sending well wishes for your Mom...I have a friend going through Metastatic breast cancer also.

Sari / Granne said...

Loving the Santa in all white, and lovely background too. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore 117 Challenge.